7 major diseases of the hair and scalp. Causes and treatment
Diseases of the scalp and hair – a common phenomenon. There are diseases that cause only slight discomfort, and there are those that are troublesome and difficult to cure. What is the cause of trichological diseases and can they be avoided?
Causes of diseases of the scalp
- A weakened immune system.
- Stress, fatigue, mental illness and disorders.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body, including malfunction of the sebaceous glands.
- Violation of hygienic norms.
- Infectious diseases.
- Improper diet, insufficient intake of necessary substances.
- The use of inappropriate tools for hair care.
- Fungus of the scalp.
- Unhealthy way of life.
- Allergic reactions of different origin.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Unfavorable ecological situation.
- Abuse of chemical agents (dyes, permanent waving, styling).
- Mechanical damage of the scalp, wearing tight elastic bands, the use of metal accessories.
- Failure to comply with security measures in public places and transport.
The main diseases of the hair and scalp. Their treatment
Disease of the scalp that causes dandruff, is called seborrheic dermatitis. In most cases, is caused by disorders of sebaceous glands. Seborrhea of the scalp is of two types: oily and dry. For oily seborrheic dermatitis is present on the surface of greasy yellow flakes shade, they stick to the skin and hair, brush them off impossible. Dry dandruff is white, easily separated from the skin and pours. Especially visible white deposits on dark clothing.
Treatment of dandruff
- The use of therapeutic shampoos, Keto plus, Nizoral, Parkhotel, friderm zinc).
- Diet, restriction of sweet, fatty, starchy, salty, fried.
- SULSENA Paste. Quickly eliminates itchy scalp, eliminates dandruff and normalizes the sebaceous glands.
- Coal-tar soap. Proven folk remedy.
- Cryomassage liquid nitrogen or darsonvalization. Salon treatment.
- The use of folk remedies, herbal infusions and masks are also an effective treatment of the scalp of dandruff.
Hair loss (Alopecia)
One of the major problems is baldness. The concept of Alopecia is quite capacious and underneath combine all of the diseases that cause hair loss. They differ in the origin, course of the disease, the rate of loss of vegetation, location of bald head and bald patches. Alopecia is
Disease scalp and body, representingseveral types of scaly herpes. Education can be in the form of large spots or scatterings of small plaques. In most cases psoriasis on the head is the beginning of the spread of the disease throughout the body. In 85% of affected people were often the simplest form of psoriasis, which sometimes develops on the background of untreated oily. The remaining 15% of patients with complicated form of disease that affects the whole head and body, is called pustular psoriasis. Photos of diseases of the scalp (common psoriasis):
Psoriasis treatment always complex
- Detoxification of the body using sorbents.
- Take antihistamines.
- The ultraviolet radiation.
- The use of therapeutic shampoos, coal tar soap.
- The application of medicinal ointments, for example, salicylic 2%.
- Cryotherapy. Exposure to cold causes the death of pathogenic cells.
Called lice blood-sucking parasites – lice. From it is not insured by any one person. The main symptom is intense itching, scratching of the scalp, which can lead to various rashes, boils. Biting lice lay their eggs – nits, which complicate treatment and require its recurrence. On the background of the head lice often people suffering from insomnia and loss of appetite. Prolonged disease leads to deterioration of General condition, emaciation of the body.
Treatment of head lice
Is the etching lice. Previously this used folk remedies: kerosene, vinegar, oil. Today you can buy the drugs that are sold in the pharmacy: shampoos, sprays and creams. Not so long ago for getting rid of lice had to be cut off or even shaved hair, modern facilities for the etched do not require such drastic measures. The only point to keep in mind – nits. They lead to the re-emergence of lice, so you need to carry out etching several times to fully cure.
The Favus (Scab)
The disease is fungal in origin. Characterized by the presence on the scalp of dry crusts of yellow color. At the edges they are thick, to the center of the sink. In the middle are breaking the hairs. Scab is accompanied by an unpleasant smell from the crusts and itching. When trying to separate plaques, injured skin, wounds bleed. The hair becomes dull, brittle and easy to rip. Favus is transmitted through contact with the sick person, using his personal belongings. Also the scab can hurt Pets and birds. Treatment of the scalp with favus is carried out in the hospital, depending on the neglect, it may take 2-3 months.
- Antibacterial therapy.
- The use of antifungal agents.
- Vitamins and immunomodulators.
- Hair astrosaurs crustsoften the butter and removed.
- The affected areas smeared with iodine and sulfur-salicylic ointment.
Furunculosis of the scalp
Inflammatory disease of the follicles. Most often caused by Staphylococcus. Getting to the scalp through the damage, the microorganism develops wasalam hair SAC and nearby sebaceous glands. Inflamed bumps are formed, inside which there is accumulation of pus. When the boil ripens and bursts, its contents spread in the skin and causes the appearance of many rashes.
Treatment of boils
- The patient is prescribed a course of antibiotics.
- If the boil is not opened by yourself, then do it surgically.
- Not opened the abscess is not treated topically, I can only encourage faster ripening.
- Around education and remove hair regularly and make the treatment of wounds bactericidal and anti-inflammatory ointments.
Early graying of hair
Hair turns gray when they have lost the pigment. Lately it happens much earlier and 70% of people the first signs appear at the age of 35 years. And I noticed that early graying brunettes than blondes. 2% of people graying starts at the age of 25 years. What causes early graying? Scientists came to the conclusion that the impact of adverse environmental conditions, stress, fatigue, iron deficiency anemia and inadequate intake of vitamins. To cure premature graying impossible, but when her first symptoms, you can slow down the process.
Treatment of early gray hair
- Vitamins, iron supplements, controlling the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- The rejection of bad habits.
- Reception of sedatives, avoidance of stress.
- Proper rest, sleep at least 8 hours a day.
Prevention of diseases of the hair and scalp
- To organize meals. If it is not possible to balance the daily diet, take vitamin complexes.
- Taking vitamins in the winter-spring period after severe diseases, surgical interventions and when dieting for weight reduction.
- To monitor the cleanliness of the hair, to wash my hair at the first appearance of fat and prevent clogging of skin pores of the head.
- Use suitable means of personal hygiene.
- Do not use other people's things for personal hygiene: combs, washcloths, underwear.
- To monitor the condition of the digestive system.
- To protect hair from weather, to prevent contamination of precipitation.
- In the cold season to protect your head from overcooling and overheating in hot weather.
- You can not wash your head with hot water.
- Not to frequent colouring, try to use gentle products.
- A Hairdryer and heating devices as possibleless.
- After visiting sanatoriums, camps and other places of long stay inspect the head for head lice especially if there is itching.
- To exclude the wearing of tight hats and wigs. Barrettes and ponytail holders should also not be tight and stressful.
- Do not use brushes and combs with metallic or sharp teeth. Microscopic scratches on the skin – entrance gate for bacteria.
Disorders of the hair and scalp cause discomfort, engender self-doubt, psychological problems and complexes. The peculiarity of the problem is that not all people early on to take seriously those diseases. Only units from ask for help to specialist. But at the initial stage almost all diseases are treatable.