Dandruff: causes and how to deal at home?
Human life in the modern world is that you have to face various adverse situations, which in its own way affect the General condition of the body. Today a third of people around the world are faced with dandruff. Its causes are all different from malnutrition and disease to stress and hormonal fluctuations. And how to resolve this problem in different cases will vary.
Causes of dandruff
The appearance of this unpleasant event can lead to different situations. So, there are several main reasons for the development of dandruff.
- Improper care of hair. It is that scalp washes rarely or too often. In this case disrupted the natural fatty film and the skin ceases to function properly.
- External influence on the hair. Regular use of hair heating devices, drying or shaping the hair, frequent hair coloring and perms chemical substances lead to the appearance of dandruff flakes. In this group the reasons include chose the wrong shampoos and conditioners for hair. And the use of headgear inadequate weather conditions. All this leads to a violation of the natural and healthy scalp.
- Violation of cell renewal of the scalp. The whole upgrade process of the skin on the head takes about a month. The top dead cells peel off, and in their place moved new. If this process is disturbed and cells Mature ahead of time, the old have not had time to withdraw, and under them are formed new cells. As a result of different skin layers are glued to each other and dandruff is formed.
- Fungal diseases. Fungi accompany the person throughout life. They are on the skin always. And any deviation from normal conditions could trigger their avalanche multiplication. This leads to the fact that on the scalp dandruff will appear.
- Poor nutrition. Misuse of diet and commitment to lose the extra pounds leads to the fact that the metabolism and the body in insufficient quantities gets important vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamins a and C, zinc and selenium that are important for the health of the scalp.
- Negative psychological situation. This group of reasons include stress and nervous exhaustion, depression and psychological strain.
- The disease organism leading to exhaustion of the physical powers of man. Diseases of the immune or endocrine system or the skin, such as psoriasis, eczema or dermatitis.
- Hormonal factor. Background hormones change with age, during pregnancy and even during menstrual cycle. Andany of these may result in dandruff.
All this makes it possible to determine what causes dandruff. And that actually has it will tell her symptoms.
The main symptoms for which you can define dandruff
A visible symptom of dandruff is white or yellowish flakes that cover the skin of the head remain on the hair or fall on the shoulders. Severe itching of the head will be mandatory to accompany this disease.
Understand that hair starts it's a nasty disease at the first signs:
- fat and oiliness of hair or, on the contrary, their dryness and brittleness;
- scalp itches;
- increases hair loss;
- marked redness of the scalp.
Experts distinguish two types of dandruff:
- dry when dandruff flakes are small and located mainly in the frontal part of the head; this dandruff occurs due to low fatty secretions of the sebaceous glands; the hair affected by this disease, brittle and look dry, lifeless and devoid of luster;
- oily, skin cells stick together and form lumps; this type of dandruff occurs in a situation with increased sebum by the sebaceous glands of the head; the hair shines and stick together, be devoid of volume.
How to treat dandruff at home
If you have a problem like dandruff, you need to first pay attention to your lifestyle. It is possible that bringing the scalp in the normal state would be sufficient simply to adjust your diet, removing all sweet, fatty and spicy, or at least greatly reduce its use. Alternatively, consider increasing the physical stress on the body. Sports have a positive effect on metabolic processes, including in the skin.
People have noticed that a natural substance found in plants, help to cope with many illnesses. The same applies to combat dandruff. Below are ways that can help in the normalization of the epidermis and improve the condition of hair.
- Infusion of calendula flowers. To obtain a sufficient quantity of the infusion is to pour a pinch of calendula in hot water the volume of one glass. Leave to infuse for half an hour. Use the infusion after shampooing. Just apply it on the scalp. To obtain a greater effect, cover your head with polyethylene and towel. Half an hour later the towel can be removed and leave the hair to dry. The procedure should be carried out after each shampooing.
- Aspirin. To use aspirin, you need to crush 2 tablets and mix with the amount of shampoo required for one time wash. Apply this shampoo on hair and leave for 3-5 minutes.Then the hair should be thoroughly washed with water.
- Enrichment of cosmetic products with tea tree oil. It is a natural antiseptic, antibiotic and means of dealing with the fungi. This oil is very strong and effective in its action. You can add it to shampoo and conditioner for the hair, it only takes a few drops.
- Use of Flaxseed oil. This oil contains vitamins and minerals that are necessary for hair. Therefore, the daily consumption of one tablespoon of this oil will be a good help in the fight and prevention of dandruff.
- Mask with sea salt. For this recipe you will need to dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. This solution to moisten the skin and hair and leave for about 10 minutes. Then the mask should rinse and rinse your hair with conditioner. As a conditioner you can use a different remedy: a solution of lemon juice (half a liter of water 1 teaspoon).
- Rubbing the decoction of burdock root. For cooking this means you will need a pound of burdock roots you will need to pour the water volume of three liters and cook on a slow simmer after about 5 hours. This broth will need to cool and drain. It should be applied daily, rubbing smooth movements in the scalp. After 5 minutes the hair is rinsed with water without using shampoo and conditioner.
- The use of tincture of medicinal herbs. To obtain such infusions need to take nettle, St. John's wort, yarrow and mother-and-stepmother 20-30 grams and pour a glass of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 8 hours, then drain and carefully squeeze the infusion of herbs. Infusion leave in the refrigerator. And herbs again to fill, but a glass of vodka. And leave again for 8 hours. Again strain and squeeze the herbs and mix the tincture and decoction. This remedy should be applied on the scalp and leave for half an hour covered with a towel. After the desired time the hair rinse well with water.
- Mask with orange juice and aloe. For this recipe you will need a tablespoon of orange juice and aloe that you mix with egg yolk and crushed garlic. This mixture should be applied to the scalp and leave in foil and a towel for 40 minutes. After the procedure, wash off the mask with hair.
- Onion and honey mask. Squeeze the juice from one medium bulb. Mix it with two yolks, add a tablespoon of honey, a decoction of nettles and vegetable oil. Apply the mask on hair and leave for at least an hour, although it can hold and all night. Then hair should be washed with lukewarm water.
Special therapeutic shampoos
Among medicines there are special shampoos designed to combat dandruff. Distinguish 4 types of such shampoos.Each of these shampoos its peculiar mechanism of action on the scalp.
- Shampoo, which is designed to reduce the amount produced by skin fat and remove it an excessive amount. This remedy typically contains pitch or resin.
- Shampoo, which promotes increased blood circulation in all layers of the scalp and thus improving nutrition of the hair bulb. These shampoos have in their composition sodium Ichthyol and special supplements mineralprocessing. In addition, they do not contain dyes and preservatives, which ensures the absence of Allergy or irritation from using it.
- A shampoo that helps increase exfoliation of dead cells of the epidermis. For this purpose, he added sulfur, salt, selenium and zinc.
- Shampoo, which has antifungal activity. The composition of such funds is ketoconazole or nizoral, which is designed to destroy proliferating fungus.
A specialist determines the cause of dandruff and selects the appropriate treatment with a suitable shampoo. Usually the shampoo lasts at least one month, and its regulations appointed by the dermatologist based on the specific situation.
Prevention of dandruff
Most diseases are easier to prevent than to treat. In the matter of prevention of dandruff, it will also be important. Moreover, prevention is always cheaper and easier than follow-up treatment.
- The use of decoction of thyme after shampooing will help reduce the chance of occurrence of dandruff. To prepare this decoction, you will need half a liter of water and a handful of herbs thyme. Thyme to pour the water and boil for 10 minutes. Then strain the broth and allow to cool and rinse their hair. Rinse after the hair is not necessary.
- The use of the shampoo a homemade shampoo made of eggs. Mix egg with water and apply it on the head. RUB the mixture and massage the skin for several minutes. Rinse with water.
- Wash your hair should be as soon as they become dirty.
- Try to dry the hair as quickly as possible, but not to expose them to overheating.
- To massage the scalp. In this procedure, you can use essential oils that are useful for hair, but you can just stimulate the flow of blood to the skin with fingertips.
- Try to use cosmetic products for hair styling as infrequently as possible.
- In summer, take sun bath within reasonable limits. Ultraviolet radiation can reduce the development of dandruff.
- To ensure that the diet was balanced and contained all the beneficial organisms, trace elements and vitamins.
- Try less experience of negative emotions. Stress and depression worsen, and overall health and the condition of the scalp.
- To useonly their hats, hair dryers, combs, not to borrow someone got his fungi.
- If dandruff is still there, then you need to handle and combs the same remedy for dandruff to avoid relapse.