Dandruff in a child. How to get rid of, what to do?
Oddly enough, the dandruff may appear not only of adults but even infant toddler. The cause of dandruff in a child is to fail in hormonal or metabolic processes. As a result of such changes aktiviziruyutsya the activity of the fungus (oval Pityrosporum), manifested by the appearance on the scalp a large quantity of white flakes.
The cause of dandruff in a child
The reasons that causes dandruff in children include:
- violation of the hormonal levels in puberty;
- dysfunction of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- the immune system disorder;
- the defeat of the body by staph and strep;
- avitaminosis and malnutrition;
- an allergic reaction to shampoos for the hair;
- infection through personal hygiene products for hair, hats, barrettes.
Children perceive any discomfort is much more acute than adults. External stimuli can cause a child's psyche most trauma and the treatment of dandruff in children to postpone in any case impossible.
How to withdraw dandruff in a child at home
Armed with knowledge and patience, it is easy to save a child from dandruff at home. Parents, faced with the problem of dandruff in a child, should understand that in addition to topical treatment, requires a special approach to child nutrition. Properly balanced diet – the key to success in the fight against this nasty disease. In the treatment of dandruff diet avoids all sweet, starchy foods, chocolate, tea, carbonated beverages, and salt. The child's diet should not include products made from yeast and pastry. Replace them with better bread, rye bread with bran and germinated wheat sprouts. You should give preference to products rich in dietary fibers and fiber: vegetables, fruits, nuts, dried fruits and legumes. Meat and fish should choose low-fat varieties, and it is better to replace them with seafood. We should not forget about the products, containing vegetable oil (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, walnuts), and dairy products.
Choosing the right food, at the same time should do the external treatment of the hair, which consists in the use of special shampoos, masks and anti-fungal ointments. The structure of the therapeutic shampoos must enter the opposing fungus components: ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, such as octopirox, pyrithione, salicylic acid, sulfur, tar. In addition, it is better to give preference to those medicinal shampoo, the components which have antimicrobial and protivovospalitel
Treatment therapeutic shampoo should be from two to three months. The first two to four weeks to wash a head should be two or three times a week, and then one to two times within seven days. To ensure that the shampoo had to prove its medicinal properties, it is necessary to put it on the head twice, and after each soaping leave shampoo on hair for a few minutes. When treatment is completed, you should go on pH-neutral shampoo. It is not necessary to use a shampoo two in one, and it is better to wash your hair first with shampoo and then apply conditioner-rinse aid
Improve hair nourishment, increase blood flow to the roots will help head massage, which you can easily do for the child. Before beginning the procedure should be well combed hair in all directions, and then, tightly pressed fingertips to the head, to make them light stroking motion from forehead to neck and from the ears to the crown. Massage should be performed for ten to fifteen minutes a day. To enhance the effect, you can use a decoction of medicinal herbs and essential oils.
How to withdraw dandruff in a child folk remedies
When the child has dandruff, how to remove it from her parents becomes a priority. Can help recipes of traditional medicine. Folk methods that are used in the anti-dandruff a lot. Parents need to have time and patience, as the total number of offer recipes of traditional medicine is necessary not only to choose the most effective prescription, but also to perform the necessary procedures regularly. Only in this case the treatment will give a positive result. Here are some popular recipes that we offer in the fight against dandruff, which saturate the hair with nutrients and improve their nutrition:
- The mask of bran. Cup of bran pour boiling water and infuse. The obtained slurry to lubricate the hair and scalp, gently massaging and wait an hour, wrapped his head with a towel and then wash the head.
- Kefir and yogurt. Place shampoo it is useful to periodically wash your hair with curd or yogurt. Apply a fermented milk product on the hair needs for twenty to thirty minutes before shampooing.
- Tincture of calendula and castor oil. A mixture of equal quantities of castor oil and the pharmacy tincture of calendula is rubbed into the hair roots.
- A decoction of yarrow. Four tablespoons of herbs pour half a liter of water and boil for five minutes, after which the broth let stand thirty minutes, strain it andsqueeze. For one and a half to two months rubbing decoction into the scalp should be done daily.
- Walnut leaves. Two tablespoons of leaves pour a glass of water, boil and infuse for one to two hours. RUB the infusion into the scalp, leaving for fifteen-twenty largest
at minutes before washing. The procedure should be repeated after a week.
Traditional medicine also recommends drinking tea from rose hips, eat the berries of sea buckthorn and black currant, contain large amounts of vitamin C, trace elements, which are so essential for dandruff prone scalp.